Do you have questions about Sonobrasion treatments?
If so, here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. Click the question link below to read the answer to your question.
- What is Sonobrasion?
- What can it treat?
- What are the benefits of having Sonobrasion?
- Who are the best candidates?
- Contra-indications (Reasons you may not be suitable)
- How many treatments do you need and how often?
- How do you prepare your skin?
- What does Sonobrasion feel like?
- What can you expect after the treatment?
- After care
- Possible side effects & complications
- How do you maintain the results?
- How much does it cost?
- Call us and book online
What Is Sonobrasion?
- Microdermabrasion exfoliates the upper layers of skin and stimulates collagen growth in the lower layers. The intensity can be varied to suit an individuals skin concerns, from a light exfoliation to deeper resurfacing. Consequently, you see an improvement in skin texture, fine lines, fewer breakouts, refined pores, renewed elasticity, more even colouring and a more youthful appearance.
- This allows sonophoresis to deeply cleanse or infuse high potency vitamins according to your individual needs for additional skin benefits according to the actives infused and is followed by mask therapy, which is removed with a hot towel cocoon.
What Can It Treat?
- Signs of aging
- Mild to moderate sun damage
- Loss of elasticity
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Dry, rough or thickened skin
- Dull skin
- Mild acne, open pores & congestion
- Maintain a healthy skin condition
- Mild scarring.
What Are The Benefits?
- Reduces the signs of ageing and sundamage
- Improves acne and congestion
- Smooths and softens rough or thickened skin
- Improves and softens scarring
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Plumps and firms the skin
- Rejuvenates the skin and provides a healthy glow
- Maintains optimal skin health.
Who Are The Best Candidates?
- Both men and women of all ages
- All skin types showing signs of aging, acne, rough and dull skin
- Good for people who want an immediate improvement without downtime
- Those wanting to maintain a healthy skin.
Contraindications (Reasons why may not be suitable for you)
- Roaccutane use in the last 6 months
- Eczema or psoriasis in the treatment area.
- Cystic acne
- Recent sunburn
- Very thin, crepey skin
How Many Treatments Do You Need?
Sonobrasion is designed to be performed as a course of treatments. Initially it is recommended you begin with five weekly sessions, however lines, scarring and other deeper skin conditions will take many more regular sessions which will be discussed with you during your consultation.
How Do You Prepare Your Skin?
What Does It Feel Like?
Depending on the condition being treated, Microdermabrasion can vary from a relaxing, mild abrasive sensation for a general skin rejuvenation to quite an intense grazing for treatment of deeper, more stubborn conditions.
What Can You Expect After The Treatment?
- Mild to moderate redness and sensitivity may occur (similar to a sunburn) lasting 12 to 48 hours.
- Skin looks and feels immediately smoother, plump and hydrated.
- Varying amounts of flaking may occur approximately 3 days after your treatment.
- After the skin has shed it has a healthy glow and feels softer and smoother.
- Most people go straight back to their normal activities.
- It is best not to apply make-up for around 3 hours.
- Keep your skin moist with the skin care provided to you.
- Continue with your usual active skin care once the skin is no longer sensitive.
- Your skin will be a little more sensitive to the sun so keep sun exposure to a minimum. Please wear a hat and sunscreen daily. This should be a regular routine for you anyway.
Possible Side Effects and Complications
– Intense microdermabrasion only.
- Crusting (this is the skin in preparation to exfoliate) lasting 2 to 7 days.
- Possible superficial bruising lasting 24 to 48 hours.
- Infection leading to a scar, if areas of crusting are not cared for correctly.
- Hyperpigmentation (darker patches of pigment on the skin) lasting 1 to 12 months.
How Do You Maintain The Results?
How Much Does It Cost?
Call us on (08) 9300 3663, or book your Sonobrasion treatment online now.