Do you have questions about LED Light Therapy treatments?
If so, here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. Click the question link below to read the answer to your question.
LED Light Therapy FAQ’s
- What is LED Light Therapy?
- What can it treat?
- What are the benefits of having LED Light Therapy?
- Who are the best candidates?
- Contra-indications (Reasons you may not be suitable)
- How many treatments do you need and how often?
- What does it feel like?
- What can you expect after the treatment?
- After care
- Possible side effects & complications
- How do you maintain the results?
- How much does it cost?
- Call us or book online
What Is LED Light Therapy?
LED light therapy is light activation of cell receptors, which delivers powerful therapeutic benefits to living tissue. Red, Blue and Infrared lights utilise specific wavelengths and are chosen according to the desired therapeutic effect.
This groundbreaking technology originating from NASA, uses Light Emitting Diodes (LED’s) to bathe your skin in soothing wavelengths of light that penetrate deep into the dermis. They enhance cellular metabolism, accelerating the repair and replenishment of damaged skin cells, and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibres.
What Can It Treat?
Our LED light therapy treatment is similar to the Omnilux, and is a safe and effective method to repair and rejuvenate all skin types, and provide anti-aging benefits. It is non-invasive, requires no downtime and is incredibly relaxing.
What Are The Benefits?
- Fibroblasts are stimulated to produce new collagen and elastin fibres improving fine lines, wrinkles, pore size, elasticity and firmness.
- Hydration levels are increased up to 300% with each treatment so your skin looks dewier and more plump.
- Increased oxygen and blood flow facilitates improved healing mechanisms by providing nutrients and growth factors to repair and rejuvenate all skin types.
- Used after injuries or cosmetic procedures to speed healing time and reduce redness and inflammation.
- Stimulates and activates metabolic functions in the skin improving its overall appearance and health.
- Anti-bacterial properties help reduce acne breakouts and infection.
- Reduces inflammation improving the appearance of redness associated with rosacea, breakouts, acne and scarring.
Who Are The Best Candidates?
Contraindications (Reasons why may not be suitable for you)
- Light sensitising medications such as Tetracyclines
How Many Treatments Do You Need and How Often?
Multiple sessions are required at regular intervals for optimal results. Just like exercising, the more treatments you have, the better your skin looks, and the firmer it becomes.
What Does It Feel Like?
What Can You Expect After The Treatment?
Some people notice their skin will look immediately fresher, brighter, clearer, more relaxed, plump, hydrated and firmer, though it predominantly makes gradual, gentle changes over time.
Possible Side Effects and Complications
How Do You Maintain The Results?
Daily use of your recommended active skin care, and LED Light Therapy treatments often as required to maintain results. Your Dermal Therapist may also recommend monthly treatments according to your skin needs.
How Much Does It Cost?
Call us on (08) 9300 3663, or book your LED treatment online now.