Do you have questions about Fractional Laser treatments?
Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. Click the question link below to read the answer to your question.
Fractional Laser Treatments FAQ’s
- What are Fractional Laser Treatments?
- What can it treat?
- What are the benefits of having Fractional Laser?
- Contra-indications (Reasons you may not be suitable)
- How many treatments do you need and how often?
- How do you prepare your skin?
- What does Fractional Laser feel like?
- What can you expect after the treatment?
- After care
- Possible side effects & complications
- How do you maintain the results?
- How much does it cost?
- Call us and book online
- See Before & After photos of our clients.
What Are Fractional Laser Treatments?
Fractional laser treatments are a safe and effective procedure for almost any skin type and can be applied to most areas of the body including the neck, chest and hands to provide a smoother tighter texture, and fresh, glowing skin.
These laser treatments vary in intensity and are adapted to focus on your key areas of concern to ensure best results are achieved. They can also be applied using our ‘Laser Facial’ technique for a gentler approach to skin rejuvenation and to maintain healthy, younger skin.
The Emerge™ fractional laser provides non-ablative skin resurfacing with little to no downtime and minimal discomfort. It’s a proven approach to skin rejuvenation that uses laser energy microbeams to create columns of affected tissue deep in the skin, while leaving the surrounding tissue unaffected, for faster healing and reduced side effects.
What Can It Treat?
- Fine lines and mild to moderate wrinkles
- Pigment irregularities and melasma
- Stretch marks
- Crepey skin
- Sun damage
What Are The Benefits of Having Treatments?
- Provides healthier, younger looking skin.
- Improves fine lines and mild to moderate wrinkles.
- Helps thicken and tighten thin, crepey skin.
- Reduces pigment irregularities and melasma.
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks.
- Improves scarring.
- Improves sun damage.
- Smooths and softens the skin.
- Reduces redness.
Contraindications (Reasons why you may not be suitable)
- Impaired healing response due to illness or medication.
- History of light-induced seizures.
- Skin cancer.
- Active infections/Immunosuppression.
- Open lesions or infection in the treatment area.
- Active herpes breakout in the treatment area.
- Blood clotting disorders.
- Keloid scar formation.
- Isotretinoin (Roaccutane®) use 6-12 months prior to treatment.
- Anti-coagulant or blood-thinning medications. (See your prescribing physician for approval to discontinue medications at least 2 weeks prior to and throughout a light-based treatment course.)
- Systemic steroids (e.g., prednisone, dexamethasone) prior to or during the course of treatment.
- Caution when treating eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, scleroderma.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Fractional Laser Treatments are designed to be performed in a series of 3-6 treatments and are performed at fortnightly or monthly intervals depending on the skin condition, area, treatment intensity and desired outcome.
How Do You Prepare Your Skin?
We recommend the skin is primed with active ingredients for 1-2 weeks prior to the treatment. This is to maximise the outcomes, assist in speeding the healing time, reduce the risk of possible complications and help maintain the results.
What Does It Feel Like?
The sensation of laser light is sometimes uncomfortable and may feel like a moderate to severe pinprick or flash of heat. However in most cases we apply topical anaesthetic so there is no discomfort at all.
What Can You Expect After Non-Ablative Fractional Laser Treatments?
- Fast healing process. Generally, you can return to work or other activities with very little recovery time depending on the intensity of treatment.
- Varying degrees of redness, swelling, warmth or tightness in the treated areas can be expected immediately post treatment and usually resolves within 24-48 hours, but may last up to 3-5 days or longer with intense treatments. It then starts to settle down and make up can be worn.
- A dry rough feeling is usually experienced for a few days but once the dead skin is naturally sloughed off it feels soft, smooth and plump.
- Often people notice positive changes within a few days.
- Application of cool packs immediately following treatment can help alleviate discomfort, swelling, itchiness and stinging.
- Stop using all active products on your skin immediately after treatment and only use the non-irritating products provided to you and sunscreen for as long as it feels sensitive. After which you can resume your usual skin care regime.
- Avoid heavy makeup or moisturizers for at least 24 hours after treatment. Using non-irritating, non-comedogenic moisturisers may provide relief.
- Treated areas should not be picked or scrubbed.
- Avoid injury, sun exposure, tanning beds and self tanning creams for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid excessive exercise for 1–3 days after treatment.
- Do not remove any flaking skin prematurely as this may lead to an infection, prolonged redness and delayed healing that may cause a scar.
Potential Side Effects & Complications
– associated with more intense treatments.
- Broken capillaries or bronzing may occur approximately 1-3 days after treatment and typically resolve without intervention in 3-7 days.
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin), hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin), scabbing, burns, bruising, or blistering are rare but may occur, some of which may result in scarring. These complications are usually due to stacking scans, or utilizing too many passes at higher energy levels which we do not endorse.
- Failure to achieve the desired result.
- Hair regrowth may be changed when treating hair bearing areas, such as little or no regrowth or more regrowth than before.
- Acne breakouts.
- Infection, potentially resulting in scarring – If the skin becomes red and very painful, you may have developed an infection and must see your doctor at once.
- If you are prone to herpes blisters (cold sores) then you are likely to develop an infection. We recommend you see your doctor for a suitable anti herpetic preparation such as Zovirax®
- Contact our clinic immediately if you have any issues or concerns following the treatment.
How Do You Maintain The Results?
How Much Does It Cost?
- Application of Topical Anaesthetic – $20
- Full Face – $480 each
- 3 x Full Face $1340 (save $100)
- 5 x Full Face $2400 (Get 1 Free)
- Under Eyes – $350
- 3 x Under eyes $1000 (save $50)
- 5 x Under eyes $1750 (get 1 Free)
- Upper Lip – $200 each
- 3 x Upper lip $570 (save $30)
- 5 x Upper lip $1000 (get 1 Free)
- Other areas P.O.A
Call us on (08) 9300 3663, or book your initial consultation online now.
Before and After Pictures
Click the image to see the description and enlarge.