What Are Wrinkle Relaxers?
Wrinkle relaxers are safe and highly effective when administered by a qualified medical professional who is specifically trained and experienced. Some of the muscles in the face that create facial expressions pull on your skin and cause a fold when they contract, which over time leads to lines and wrinkles.
Wrinkle relaxers work by weakening or immobilising these muscles to prevent the wrinkle from forming. So, about 2 to 14 days after being injected, the lines and wrinkles start to disappear, resulting in smoother skin.
The active substance in wrinkle relaxers is injected directly into specific muscles restricting the area being treated, so the ability to form other facial expressions should not be affected.
The improvement in the appearance of your wrinkles usually lasts approximately 3 to 4 months, and repeated injections are required to maintain the effect. With continued use, the effects may start to last longer.
Wrinkle relaxers are often used in conjunction with other skin treatments for longer lasting results
Wrinkle relaxers are commonly used to treat the following cosmetic concerns:
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows (glabella)
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Platysma bands on the neck (turkey neck)
- Bunny lines on the side of the nose
- Down-turned corners of the mouth
- Non-surgical brow lift
- Dimpling in the chin
- Upper lip lines
- Slimming a wide jaw
- Reducing a gummy smile
- Excessive sweating and more!
For more information, call us on 9300 3663 to make an appointment for a Consultation with our Doctor.
* The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Regulations do not allow any form of promotion or advertising of prescription medication trading names, their active substances or testimonials for their injecting practitioners. We aim to provide all information in accordance with their regulations. For further information please contact us to make an appointment with our doctor or book online.