What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers replicate naturally occurring substances in our body and are injected just below the surface of the skin to fill lines, wrinkles, some types of scars and replace lost volume due to the aging process. Unlike face lifts that stretch the skin, fillers add volume for a more natural youthful appearance.
Fillers can also increase the fullness of the cheeks, mid face, lips and lessen the downward slant at the corners of the mouth. The injections require no downtime, though there may be some swelling, localised redness and bruising at the injections site.
Dermal Fillers are commonly used to treat the following cosmetic concerns:
- Sagging & loss of cheek volume
- Loss of a defined jawline
- Hollowing around the eyes
- Smile lines from the nose to the mouth
- Upper lip lines
- Frown lines between the eyes
- Plumping the lips
- Hollowing of the temples
- Some indented scars
Dermal fillers are absorbed by the body over time, usually in 10-18 months depending on the product used, the area treated and the individual’s metabolism. Repeat treatments are required to maintain the effect. For results lasting up to 4 years speak to our Doctor about Collagen Stimulating Fillers.
For more information, call us on 9300 3663 to make an appointment for a Consultation with our Doctor.
* The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Regulations do not allow any form of promotion or advertising of prescription medication trading names, their active substances or testimonials for their injecting practitioners. We aim to provide all information in accordance with their regulations. For further information please contact us to make an appointment with our doctor.