Most people by the age of 30 will show signs of lines and wrinkles. As we continue to age they will become permanent as the skin loses its firmness, elasticity and structure. This occurs mainly because of impaired function and loss of collagen and elastin fibres, as well as a reduction in volume of the skins ground substance, such as hyaluronic acid.
Lines and wrinkles are classified into 2 groups, static and dynamic.
- Static lines exist without muscle movement, such as sleep lines or the lines going from the nose to the mouth (Nasolabial folds) and occur due to a loss of volume and sagging skin.
- Dynamic lines are caused by the muscles of facial expression creating folds in the skin, causing lines to deepen with repeated muscular action.
Lines and Wrinkles Treatment Options
- Non-Surgical Face Lift
- Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Glycolic & Lactic Acid Peels
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation
- TCA peels
- LED Light Therapy
- Skin Needling
- Active skin care formulations
We recommend you see one of our Dermal Therapists for an initial consultation, where a personalised treatment program will be designed to address your individual needs and concerns.
Call us on (08) 9300 3663, or book your initial consultation online now.Watch this educational video to find out what happens to your face when you age and possible treatment options.